Given its grass-roots nature, The Baton Foundation offers its prospective interns unique opportunities to learn about and contribute to the growth of a nonprofit organization.
Students interested in the history and culture of Black people, community-focused nonprofit organizations, informal learning, public programming, and nonprofit management will benefit greatly from tenure with The Baton Foundation.
Applications for internships are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the academic year (August through May), and are made available to undergraduate, graduate, and recently graduated (within the past 12 months) students. In addition to a superior academic record, prospective interns must have a background that demonstrates an interest in and a commitment to Black people and their culture. Similarly, successful applicants will be on a career/professional path to make important contributions to Black people and the communities in which they live.
Internship Application Form
To apply for an internship, complete and submit the application form below. In Section 3 of the form, you must also attach the following documents to your application:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- A resume.
- Two letters of recommendation. One personal reference and one academic reference from the school in which you are currently enrolled.
Complete all required fields. Required fields are marked with a red *.
After completing the required fields:
- Click the “I’m not a robot” checkbox (if it appears),
- Then click the “Submit” button to submit your application.
- A success message will appear at the bottom of the page.
To attach files in Section 3:
- Click the “Select File” button,
- Search and locate the file you want to attach,
- Click the filename to select the file,
- Then click the “Choose” button (lower-right),
- Click the “Submit File” button.
1. Attach a resume. Accepted file formats are: Apple Pages (.pages), Microsoft Word (.docx or .doc), PDF (.pdf), and Rich Text (.rtf)::*
2. Attach official transcripts from any colleges/universities you attended. Accepted file formats are: PDF (.pdf), and JPEG (.jpg):*
3. Attach two (2) Letters Of Recommendation. Accepted file formats are: Apple Pages (.pages), Microsoft Word (.docx or .doc), PDF (.pdf), and Rich Text (.rtf):*
4. Attach two (2) Essays. Accepted file formats are: Apple Pages (.pages), Microsoft Word (.docx or .doc), PDF (.pdf), and Rich Text (.rtf):*
5. Attach other supporting documents (Cover Letter, Samples, etc.). Accepted file formats are: Apple Pages (.pages), JPEG (.jpg), Microsoft Word (.docx or .doc), PDF (.pdf), and Rich Text (.rtf):
The Baton Foundation exists to strengthen Black boys and adolescents emotionally, culturally, and intellectually.
© Copyright 2017 The Baton Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved.